Using a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and pet parents.
Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again.
For the Pets:
Benefits to your pets include:
- Staying at home in his/her safe, secure environment
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
- Eliminating the trauma of travel or an unfamiliar environment
- Helping to ensure good health (no exposure to other animals’ illness or parasites)
For the Pet Parent:
Benefits to you include:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands
- Having the confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues – such as grooming, vet visits
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out several times a day)
- Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved animal.
Why should you choose a NAPPS pet sitter?
Because not every pet sitter is equally professional and competent.
- NAPPS pet sitters have made an investment in their clients and their business.
- NAPPS pet sitters who also volunteer for NAPPS show that they are taking a leadership role in the pet sitting industry.
- NAPPS members can network with pet sitters across the country to get ideas, ask questions, and stay informed.
- NAPPS pet sitters have free education and resources at their fingertips which they can use to take the very best care of your pets.
- NAPPS promotes their members’ professional integrity through its Pledge of Professional Conduct.
- NAPPS also advances members’ professional and business development through an Annual Conference, educational tools and a certification program.