Keep your Pet safe this Halloween

Published on October 10, 2017 by in Blog

0

It’s that time again! Finally, Halloween is here! We have to remember the sights and
sounds of Halloween can cause anxiety for your furry friend. We have some great tips
to keep your pet safe.
Keep your pet pal indoors on Halloween. Set up a safe and quiet room for them to get
away from all the boo’s and ghosts!
If your dog is going to tag along with you during Trick or treating make sure they are
wearing ID Tags in case they wonder off!
We all love Halloween Decor, but remember pets are curious. Stay away from fire and
hot liquids. It would be best to stick to battery operated lights and faux liquid
decorations. 
Place all electric cords outside of your pet’s reach to decrease the possibility of
entanglement and chewing on wire. 
Do a test run to see if your pet is afraid of the noises, moving figures and other decor. 
Also keep those delicious treats out of reach for your pet. Below we have listed some of
the common causes of pet poisoning
• Chocolate
• Anything containing Xylitol (a sugar substitute found in gum and sugar-free
candies)
• Raisins and grapes
• Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, and other nuts
 If you think your pet may have ingested chocolate, symptoms to watch for include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, agitation, increased thirst, an elevated heart rate, and in severe cases, seizures. Please contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) if you believe you pet has digested any of the above.

Leave a Reply